Author Notes: The spring herb dressing in my asparagus and radish salad is inspired by the traditional green goddess dressing. I used dill, parsley and scallion. Feel free to use tarragon, chervil, basil, cilantro or mint if you like. - The Food Diva
- The Food Diva
Food52 Review: I tested The Food Diva's Asparagus & Radish Salad with Spring Herb Dressing, and it was an absolute hit. I halved the recipe, and I added a bit of chervil to the dill and parsley mixture in the dressing as suggested in the recipe notes because (a) I love it and (b) we happened to have some on hand. The dressing alone was a knockout, bright and zippy with just the right amount of tang. This was a breeze to prepare and would be a great dish to take to a picnic or potluck. - lastnightsdinner - A&M
- 3 pounds asparagus, blanched, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayoniasse
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 splash white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 4 scallions, white and green part, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and puree until well incorporated.
- Toss asparagus and radishes with enough dressing to coat, about 1 cup and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep salad well chilled until ready to serve.
- Extra dressing may be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one week. Great used as a dip for raw veggies.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe