If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an ode to spring - Carnivore&Vegetarian
- 4 eggs (at room temp)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10-12 Asparagus Stems, bottom removed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 6 thin slices of french baguette
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For hollandaise sauce, add lemon juice and yolk to metal bowl and beat until doubles in size. Place bowl over double boiler or over a pot with boiling water. Ensure water does not touch bottom of bowl. Pour in melted butter and whisk until incorporated. Careful not to allow egg to cook. Remove from heat, add chili powder and smoked paprika and cover, mix and set aside.
- Add about 4 inches water to a high rimmed skillet or small pot. Place French Baguette into oven on middle rack and let heat for about 10 minutes. Watch to prevent burning.
- In medium pan, add onion and cook for about 7 minutes, remove from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan and add asparagus, season with salt, pepper. Add 1 tablespoon water and cover and cook about 5-7 minutes.
- While asparagus is cooking, add vinegar to boiling water and then carefully add eggs. I used silicone eggs cups to make it a bit easier. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Top bread with eggs, onions and asparagus. Spread onions around and top with sauce. If sauce it thick, add 1 teaspoon water.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe