If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Asparagus is the very essence of Springtime. When it first appears at our farmer's market, I buy the meatiest stalks I can find and make this simple and delicious salad. Meyer lemons are typically in season from November through April, so they are available when the first crop of asparagus hits the market. Regular lemons make a fine substitution. "O" brand Meyer lemon-infused extra-virgin olive oil is available at specialty markets. - epicureanodyssey
- 1 bunch meaty asparagus (at least 12 stalks), preferably very fresh springtime asparagus, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon best quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon-infused extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice, or regular lemon juice
- pinches truffle salt, optional
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- freshly milled black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup thinly shaved pecorino cheese
- Trim the tough ends of the asparagus. Very thinly slice the asparagus on a sharp angle starting from the bottom. When you reach the tips, slice in half lengthwise. Transfer to a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oils and lemon juice, sprinkle with truffle salt, if using, sea salt and pepper. Lightly mix. Add half the pecorino cheese, toss again.
- To serve, divide the asparagus among four serving plates. Top with the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.