If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Again, no photo because I haven't made this since last summer, but it's a favorite for a luxurious dinner. Scallops are so good, and so pricy, that I don't want to do much to them; the garlic aiolo provides the perfect note to offset the sweetness of the scallops, and a squeeze of lemon over the whole thing cuts the richness just enough. - Kayb
Scallops and asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 pound scallops, dried and muscle trimmed away
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
Garlic aioli with caviar
- 3 egg yolks
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ounce caviar
- Preheat broiler and line a baking sheet with foil. Drizzle half of olive oil on foil; add asparagus and scallops, drizzle with the remaining oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil with rack at middle height for three minutes; flip scallops, turn asparagus, and broil for 2-3 more.
- In a blender, whiz together egg yolks, minced garlic and lemon juice. Add olive oil in a thin stream with blender running. If it's too thick, add more lemon juice.
- Arrange scallops and asparagus on plates and drizzle with garlic aioli. Top each scallop with a dab of caviar. Serve with lemon wedges alongside, and your favorite crisp white wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Scallops