If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love dishes that taste creamy without the cream. A Carbonara does that -- in that the addition of a ladle full of water and heavy on the yolks type combination creates a creamy dish. I have called this "somewhat" vegetarian -- because of the eggs -- are eggs considered vegetarian? I know there is some debate about that... - coffeefoodwritergirl
- 7 green onions – chopped
- 3 tablespoons good quality e.v. olive oil
- 1 tablespoon course ground pepper
- 3 whole organic eggs
- 2 organic egg yolks
- 1 cup pecorino cheese – grated
- ½ pound spaghetti (I used Barilla)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- ½ cup petite spring peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- additional lemon zest and cracked pepper for garnish
- Place olive oil and cracked pepper in a large skillet. Stir and sauté pepper on medium low heat for about ten minutes to infuse oil. Add green onions and sauté until tender about 3-4 minutes more
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in water salted with the 2 tablespoons kosher salt until almost al dente. (About 8 minutes.)
- Whisk eggs and egg yolk in a bowl.
- Remove pasta directly from water to sauté pan (which has the green onions and pepper). Toss to coat. Add a ladle full of pasta water. Add eggs and cheese. Continue to stir and coat on low to medium low – about 5-6 minutes until the egg is thickened. Add peas and lemon zest and cook about 1-2 minutes more – until peas are tender and warm.
- Serve to plates, garnish with additional fresh cracked pepper and lemon zest. Enjoy....
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.