Author Notes: I was making a spring-themed dinner for a friend who is watching her fat intake and came up with this easy side dish that combines very flavorful ingredients that really highlight the peas. - gluttonforlife - gluttonforlife
Food52 Review: A tasty and simple way to savor peas, I used preserved Meyer lemons when I prepared this. The mint overshadowed the subtleties of the almond oil, but the preserved lemon and mint combo is delicious! I'd do this recipe again. (Confession: I put a dab of butter on the peas after tossing!) - Amber Olson - A&M
- 3 cups English peas, shelled
- 3 cups snow peas (very fresh)
- 3 tablespoons preserved lemon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and blanch both kinds of peas for about 3-5 minutes. Drain and toss with remaining ingredients.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas