If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a big bourbon drinker. I usually take my bourbon neat, but I like to try out a bourbon-based cocktail every once in a while. I recently found a copy of Albert Schmid's "The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook" and discovered the Presbyterian. This classic 1950's cocktail has a light, spring-like quality to it. I've added my own twist to it with fresh lemon juice and a little muddled mint. Don't be fooled though by how refreshing the drink might taste -- it still packs a punch! A note on what kind of bourbon to use: I personally find a lot of mid-range bourbons to not be worth their price tag. This may be a matter of taste, but I prefer Jim Beam for mixed drinks. If you want a good sipping bourbon, Pappy Van Winkle's aged varieties are stellar. P.S. I hope this drink's name does not offend anybody -- my mother found it slightly unsettling. - student epicure - student epicure
Food52 Review: The mix of club soda and ginger ale allows the flavor of a good bourbon to come through and give this drink some punch. A hint of mint and lemon and just a touch of sweetness add some subtle extra layers. It's a serious step up from whiskey and ginger ale. - Stephanie - The Editors
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 1/2 shots your favorite bourbon
- ginger ale
- club soda
- lemon peel for garnish
- In the bottom of an 8 oz glass, muddle lemon juice, sugar, and mint. Add ice to fill the glass half way. Add bourbon. Fill the glass with equal parts ginger ale and club soda. Stir gently with muddler.
- To make the lemon peel garnish, wash lemon well and then use a vegetable peeler to make a nice strip. Rub the peel on the rim of the glass and then twist into the glass. (Thank you Albert Schmid's for teaching me this technique!)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.