If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was thinking about green stuff because of all of my student loans. No, money still doesn’t grow on trees, but broccoli grows on stalks and you get to eat it. This broccoli dish is bright, light and easy and is a great accompaniment to pasta, chicken or really anything else. Raisins seem like a strange thing in vegetables, but they add the slightest bit of sweetness and mellow out with the salty, acidic accompaniment of the broccoli. - OB Cookie
- 1 bunch brocolli, rinsed and cut into crowns with about 1 inch of stalk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons vermouth, sherry, white wine (or water if you must)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, walnuts, or sliced almonds
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Over medium high heat in sauté pan, melt butter and oil.
- Add florets and raisins, cook until slightly brighter green, about 3 minutes
- Add vermouth, cover, cook another 2 minutes
- Add pinenuts, sauté for another minute, dress with lemon and serve
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.