If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peaches and nectarines go so well with allspice, cloves and cinnamon. But what makes this jam so over the top is the addition of pieces of candied ginger. They melt into the jam and add that "oh my God what is in this" touch to the recipe. Perfect with biscuits, English muffins or with St Andre cheese and a crusty baguette. - Feeding Groom
Serves 5 pints
- 1 quart pitted and chopped peaches and nectarines (4 of each)
- 7 cups vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 pouch liquid pectin
- 1/2 cup candied ginger
- Put the peaches and nectarines, vanilla sugar, lemon juice and spices in a large enamel saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts.
- Add the candied ginger and stir. Skim foam as it rises to the top.
- Ladle into hot jars and seal with tops and rims. Process in hot boiling water for fifteen minutes.
- Remove from water bath and let cool. When tops pop, tighten rims and let sit for 24 hours before eating, if you can stand it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Preserves