If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last summer, after struggling for over a year with intractable sciatic pain, my husband decided to have back surgery. Major surgery. Frightening surgery. He decided to do everything in his power to ensure a quick recovery—among other things, meditation, supplements and juicing. Fresh juice is one of the most amazing things you can drink—it tastes delicious, provides you with tons of vitamins and minerals, and is refreshing in a way that other drinks (especially sweet drinks) often fall short.
This is our go-to recipe for fresh juice. You will need a juicer for this recipe. And you should use only organic unsprayed vegetables and fruit—the juicing concentrates everything so you don’t want to be concentrating pesticides in your juice.
And in case you’re wondering, my husband is doing great—no more pain medication, walking everywhere, and even an occasional round of golf. We are very grateful.
- 3 Granny Smith Apples (use a sweeter apple if you don't like drinks that are tart.)
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 orange, peel and pith removed
- 1 lemon, peel and pith removed
- 1 large handful parsley
- Rinse all ingredients well and run through a juicer (We use a Breville Juicer.)
- Stir well and serve immediately.
- Go for a run. Feel great.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.