If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is inspired by a puff pastry pizza recipe in my 'The Little Guide to Pizza'. I decided to make mine a sweet version and used some Honey Chevre....These are perfect dinner party bites. The puff pastry rises around the centre piece of apple and cheese and one bite and you're in crisp heaven, with clouds of flavour! Plus these can be made ahead....and baked just before the party to woo and wow your guests. They taste great fresh from the oven or warm —Kitchen Butterfly
Serves 12 mini bites
- 3 sheet puff pastry (12 X 12 cm)
- Olive Oil, to brush on
- 100g (Honey) Chevre
- 1 sweet apple, peeled and sliced into 1cm thick chunks
- Cayenne pepper
- Dried sage
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C
- Using a cookie/ravioli cutter, cut the pastry into squares or rounds. Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper
- Brush each piece with some olive oil and place a chunk of chevre. Place a slice of apple and drizzle/brush some olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with cayenne, black pepper and some dried sage
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and puffed up. Remove and let cool down a bit (the cheese will be hot, as expected!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.