If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Steamed Halibut with Fried Ginger - mtlabor
- 1 piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (green parts only)
- 2 6 oz. halibut fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Set up a bamboo steamer over a pot of simmering water over medium heat.
- Crush half of the ginger sticks with the flat side of a chef's knife and place on a plate small enough to fit inside steamer. Add garlic slices and scallions.
- Score the skin on the halibut and season with salt and pepper. Place halibut, skin side up, on the plate and top with 2 teaspoons sesame oil and pinch of sugar.
- Place plate in steamer and before covering, top halibut with soy sauce and sherry.
- Cover steamer and cook until halibut is white throughout, about 10 minutes or so, depending on thickness. Remove plate carefully and set aside.
- To fry ginger, in a small skillet, add remaining sesame oil and sunflower oil. Add remaining ginger sticks and fry until starting to brown.
- To plate, serve with brown rice and steamed vegetables (I chose to use snap peas). Top halibut with ginger oil and browned ginger sticks.
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Behind the scenes.