If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm not much of a purist when it comes to caesar salad - I can't help myself from adding a bunch of non traditional ingredients (avocados for instance, I seem to find an excuse to add them to everything). But most importantly, I'm not a fan of the traditional dressing. I don't like egg based sauces (mayo? no thanks), but I do like the creaminess, so here is my answer. This yogurt based dressing is a bit lighter and fresher than egg based dressing, but with the same full flavors thanks to garlic, chili, worcestershire sauce, mustard, parmesan and lemon zest. - cooklynveg
for the dressing
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used 2% fat)
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of about a quarter of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (vegetarian if you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon of strong dijon mustard
- dash of ground sea salt
- good dash of ground black pepper
- dash of ground red chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
for the salad
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- one small whole wheat baguette, torn or cut up in to small pieces (I used whole wheat potato bread)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 435C Place the bread pieces on a baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil. Add a little salt and pepper if you like (you could add any flavorings you like here - garlic or rosemary work great). bake in the oven for about 5 mins until they're crispy. take out of the oven and leave to cool.
- place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork or whisk. assemble all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Caesar Salad
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns