If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My secrets are orange juice, potato, black mustard seeds, and five spice powder. Trust me, this is not a boring soup! Lots of ginger helps to spice it up even more. If you are watching your weight, it's a great, healthful, flavorful soup that will fill you up with incredibly few calories. Like many soups, it is better the next day, so I recommend making it the day before you would like to serve it. If you prefer a thinner consistency, just add more good-quality vegetable broth. - clintonhillbilly
- 8 carrots
- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 onion
- 2 cubic inches ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Cut carrots and potato into roughly equal size chunks and boil until tender all the way through.
- Meanwhile, chop onions, garlic, and ginger and cook over medium-low heat until onions are translucent and browning.
- Add black mustard seeds and turn to high heat for one minute or until seeds start popping.
- Puree onions, garlic, mustard seeds, ginger, carrots, and potato in a blender and pour into saucepan.
- Add orange juice, broth, five spice powder, and salt and pepper and stir to integrate into soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Behind the scenes.