If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister and some friends recently threw me a lovely bridal shower. The food, provided by Go Catering, was delicious. Happy guests devoured crudités, curried chicken salad, mini grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon, sausage rolls, and homemade currant and ginger scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam. To drink, there was a crisp rosé and a refreshing concoction of fresh watermelon, lemon, sugar and water known as "watermelonade." Apparently, it's one of the caterer's specialties, and everyone raved about the juicy, pink drink. This past weekend, I couldn't resist attempting it myself. —Merrill Stubbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring sugar to dissolve. Set aside.
- Put the cubed watermelon in a blender and puree until smooth, about 20 seconds. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. You should have about 2 cups of strained watermelon juice.
- Mix the sugar syrup with 3 cups cold water and the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Fill glasses with ice, add about 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice and then top off with lemonade. Stir gently before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.