If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's my mom's recipe. I just played with it a little. - gdendler
Serves at least 12
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 2 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 4 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Dill Weed, chopped
- 3 1/2 pounds Red Potatoes
- 1 cup Onions, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 4 Hard-boiled Eggs
- 1 cup Sweet Pickles, diced
- Make the salad at least a day before you plan to eat it. It only improves with age.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until blended. The dressing will seem to be very salty.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by about one inch. Add about one tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until tender when pierced by a fork, about 25 to 40 minutes. Drain water, and set potatoes aside until cool enough to handle, though still hot.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients and place in a large bowl.
- Peel still-warm potatoes, quarter lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add to bowl with other ingredients. Pour dressing over all and toss gently. Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.