Author Notes: It's my mom's recipe. I just played with it a little. - gdendler
Serves at least 12
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 2 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 4 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Dill Weed, chopped
- 3 1/2 pounds Red Potatoes
- 1 cup Onions, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 4 Hard-boiled Eggs
- 1 cup Sweet Pickles, diced
- Make the salad at least a day before you plan to eat it. It only improves with age.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until blended. The dressing will seem to be very salty.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by about one inch. Add about one tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until tender when pierced by a fork, about 25 to 40 minutes. Drain water, and set potatoes aside until cool enough to handle, though still hot.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients and place in a large bowl.
- Peel still-warm potatoes, quarter lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add to bowl with other ingredients. Pour dressing over all and toss gently. Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad