If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet potatoes are a must in our home for a family member's food plan. This simple, yet flavorful potato salad pairs well with fish, pork, or beef. - cookwithsusan
- Vegetable spray
- 4 Small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Large yellow onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Maple syrup
- 1 Clove, finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Fine olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Sweet marjoram, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover a medium-sized baking sheet with aluminum foil, and then spray with vegetable spray.
- Place sweet potato cubes and onion on sheet. Coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Gently mix together and spread out to a single layer on the pan.
- Roast for approximately 20-23 minutes until cooked, but “al dente” in firmness. Stir twice during cooking to prevent scorching.
- Remove potato mixture from oven and cool while preparing Vinaigrette.
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients except herbs in a one-pint jar with lid. Shake until combined
- In a large bowl, place potatoes and onions. Pour ½ of the vinaigrette over the mixture, gently tossing. Add additional vinaigrette until potatoes are moist. Reserve any leftover vinaigrette in jar and refrigerate for up to three days.
- Add herbs to potato salad, gently toss again, and serve immediately, or cover and serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls