If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Strawberries and yogurt go well together with the added sparkle of citrus and ginger. Muesli soaked in yogurt priovides a soft and chewy texture. If you want to be decadent, top with a dollop of whipped cream. I used a homemade rhubarb puree inthe recipe but also tried it with blueberry jam. You could also mix in dried fruits and nuts. - JoanG
- 1 cup thick, plain, Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dry muesli cereal (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 lemon or lime: use the juice and zest
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons fruit puree or jam
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- Mix all ingredients except strawberries. Place in a bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours
- When ready to serve,stir the yogurt mixture select two deep wineglasses. In each one, layer the following: ¼ of the yogurt mixture ¼ cup strawberries. Repeat layers
- Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy on a summer morning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.