If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We happened upon some tuna from a trusted seller that was fresh enough to be served as tartare. I experimented with three different methods: ceviche, crudo, and this one. This was my favorite. The touch of sesame oil really makes the sauce. - healthierkitchen
Food52 Review: This recipe is a quick karate kick in the butt to a traditional tuna tartare. It's super quick and simple. Sashimi-grade tuna gets to shine in all its glory complemented by a light Sriracha mayo that helps bind the fish together. Don’t you dare forget the sesame oil -- it helps to round out the flavors and really makes the dish. - Pinsuda Sagooleim
Serves 6 as an appetizer or hors d"oeuvre
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 pound piece of really fresh tuna from a reliable source
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 stalks very thinly sliced green garlic or 1 not-too-large clove of garlic, minced
- Mix first three ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Dice up the tuna as finely as you can without shredding it.
- Place tuna into a medium-sized bowl, add the onion and garlic, and then add some of the Sriracha mayo (maybe 2 tablespoons) and start to gently mix. Add more of the Sriracha mayo, bit by bit, until you get a taste and consistency you like. Save the leftover Sriracha mayo for another dish!
- Serve with good quality taco chips or fried wonton skins for scooping. You can also put the mixture into a cone of seaweed.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Stop the soap opera.