If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We received our first CSA delivery with a pint of the most beautiful and delicious strawberries. I didn't have to do anything to them, they were so amazing, so I made a salad with kiwi. The dressing is very forgiving--you can adjust the vinegar and lime juice to your taste, and if you don't have walnut oil, olive oil is fine. I like my salad dressing on the tart side; you may prefer a little more oil. I had fun composing the salad, but of course you could toss it all together and serve it in a bowl instead. - drbabs
For the Salad
- 8 medium-large strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
- 2 small kiwi, cut lengthwise into quarters, and then cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 small stalk celery with leaves from the innermost heart, cut into small pieces
- 1-2 ounce goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- coarse salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup tasted walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
For the Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- sat and pepper to taste
- Compose the salad: Place the strawberries on 4 plates as shown, and divide the kiwi, shallot, celery and cheese among the four plates, piling up a bit in the center. Sprinkle with walnuts if using, and salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Make the dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together, and taste. Add salt and pepper and adjust as desired.
- Sprinkle dressing over salad and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries