If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I put in 25 “Seascape” strawberry plants last year, and I’m so happy I did! The Seascape is an everbearing strawberry, so you get a very nice crop in the spring and the fall. I like to make this as a composed salad, so I’ve written the recipe for one salad. You can easily scale the ingredients up for 2-4 salads, or feel free to make this into a tossed salad for a larger group. —WinnieAb
Serves 1 salad
- 1- 1/2 cups loosely packed organic greens, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 3-4 trimmed and sliced (preferably organic) strawberries
- about 8 whole almonds, toasted (I used Marcona almonds with sea salt)
- crumbled Boucheron (or other goat’s) cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- a generous drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar
- about 1 tablespoon of your best olive oil
- Place the salad greens on your serving plate and arrange the sliced strawberries on top. Add the almonds and the cheese and then fresh pepper from a few twists of your pepper mill. Drizzle all over with the aged balsamic, and then add the olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries
Be a Little Saucy
Chicken dinners with slammin' sauces
It's all about the sauce.
Recipe of the Day
It's time to travel.
Fish for your lunch.