Author Notes: It's hot down here, the kind of weather that cries out for chilled soups, lots of sunscreen, and afternoons by the pool with a good book ... (dang work ruins everything :-) - aargersi - aargersi
Food52 Review: I love chilled soup during the summer and this refreshing recipe has been added to my collection. Having forgotten to buy lemon yogurt, I used plain Greek yogurt and some Meyer lemon zest instead. Be certain to find a really ripe, luscious melon -- mine was mediocre but still worked OK. Aargersi advises us to chill the soup well and also the bowls, that's a great tip. I used a processor instead of a blender so no need to strain the soup. Thumbs up! - LiztheChef - Lizthechef
Serves 2 bowls
- 1 cup English cucumber - peeled and chopped
- 1 cup ripe honeydew melon, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut water (I used Zico)
- 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- 2 mint leaves
- paper thin slices of peeled cucumber and chopped mint for garnish
- Blend the cucumber, melon, yogurt and coconut water until smooth, then pour through a strainer to remove any lumps. Put in the fridge to chill.
- Chill 2 bowls. Stir the soup back together (it will separate a little) and pour into the bowls. Top each with thin slices of cucumber and mint and serve. That's all there is to it!!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe