If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I think of using fresh herbs+grilling, I always think skewers. For this recipe, I tried to jump out of the box and the building. Having tasted some delicious cherries this weekend past, the idea of cake and cherry kebabs sprung to mind. These are delicate so handle with care, especially when turning around. It is also possible to use other fruit - so a combination of a lime cake with mango or pineapple (which I'm allergic to) would be lovely. - Kitchen Butterfly
- 4 slices of 1-inch thick lemon cake (or see my lemon cake recipe)
- 16 sweet cherries, stoned/deseeded
- 8 (lemon) thyme stalks, (leaves removed and reserved for garnish)
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Heat up your grill.
- Cut each slice of cake into 6 pieces. For each kebab, you will need a lemon thyme skewer. Start with a piece of cake, leaving a portion of the stick free to hold. Follow with a seeded cherry, then a piece of cake, another cherry, finishing off with cake. If the stalk isn't long enough, adjust pieces to fit.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and place the kebabs on. Turn round till all sides warm up and a lightly grilled.
- Remove from heat and serve atop a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle lemon thyme leaves over the top and serve immediately
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Lemon, Thyme and a Grill
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.