Author Notes: This recipe developed from the continual challenge of developing unique recipes combining foods and flavors of the Bay Area - REC
- 1 1/2 cup Gewurztraminer wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 3 cups bite size peeled European cucumber chunks
- 1 cup small whole green seedless grapes
- garnish borage flowers
- Ina medium saucepan over medium high heat combine the wine, sugar, mint and ginger root.
- Bring to a boil,reduce the heat and simmer 6 minutes or till thickened.
- Strain into a bowl, cover and chill the syrup 2 hours.
- Divide the cucumber chunks and grapes among 4 glass bowls; spoon the chilled syrup over top, then garnish and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe