Author Notes: This refreshing Mexican-style gazpacho is perfect for summer - YoshiS
- 1 slice country-style bread, crusts removed
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Mexican-style hot sauce
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and small diced
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernals
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno, minced
- Mexican crema (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Soak the bread in water to soften. Squeeze out the moisture with your hands and place in a blender.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, vinegar, olive oil, hot sauce, and water. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chill the gazpacho for about 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve in bowls topped with the garnishes - jicama, sweet corn, pickled jalapeno, and Mexican crema.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe