If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make lemon breadcrumbs to go on green beans and decided to add some fresh thyme to them to go on my favorite grilled fish - trout. The breadcrumbs can be made days ahead - even weeks - and stored in an airtight container. Then all you need do is saute them in a little butter over medium-high heat for a couple minutes and sprinkle on top of the grilled fish and you're done. They're great over grilled tomatoes too! - TheWimpyVegetarian
- 2 trout, butterflied
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- Lightly salt the trout and let sit until they reach room temperature. Dry them off with a paper towel.
- Turn on the gas grill to preheat. Lightly salt and pepper the trout. Squeeze some lemon juice on top of them and drizzle a little olive oil on top. Lightly spread with you finger to ensure even coverage. Lightly oil the grill with a paper towel.
- Place the trout face down over direct heat and grill for about 3 minutes. Carefully flip with a large spatula and grill for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat, top with the Lemon-Thyme Breadcrumbs (recipe below) and serve.
Lemon - Thyme Breadcrumbs
- 2 slices of day old french bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon or more of minced fresh thyme leaves
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 4-5 Italian parley leaves
- salt and pepper
- Dry out the bread slices in the oven on 250F. Process in a food processor until you have bread crumbs the size of panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Saute the bread crumbs until lightly toasted. Add the lemon zest and thyme and saute another minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Lemon, Thyme and a Grill
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.