If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up, this was a staple on our summer table. Cucumbers fresh from the garden, simply prepared and fought over by everyone. This can be doubled, tripled, or modified according to taste or what you have available. Fresh garden tomatoes, seeded and cubed are a wonderful addition. —TeeTee
- 2 pounds cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large white or red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place cucumbers in a colander in the sink and sprinkle with salt. Toss lightly to coat.
- Let cucumbers sit for about 30 minutes to wilt. Rinse, and squeeze to drain well. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add onions to cucumbers and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip and sugar, mix well.
- Add vinegar to Miracle Whip and stir until smooth.
- Pour Miracle Whip over cucumbers and onion and stir well to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.