If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I usually eat my crunchy cucumbers plain with just a sprinkle of sea salt, between some buttered bread. For a little more excitement, I came up with this salsa. It's awesome on a hot dog with a little Sriracha Mayo spooned over the top. Or just dig in with some nice tortilla chips. —mrslarkin
Serves about 4 cups
- 2 cups English or kirby cucumber, peeled or not, medium dice
- 1 mango, firm but ripe, peeled, medium dice
- 1 small red onion, medium dice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, finely diced, or several dashes of Cholula or Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or cilantro, or both
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, mango, onion, garlic, jalapeno, mint, and lime zest. Toss lightly.
- In a measuring cup, whisk the lime juice, oil and honey. Pour over the veggies and mix gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, for optimal crunch!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).