If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These vegetarian spring rolls are similar to ones found in Vietnamese restaurants. They are light and fresh! - Small Footprints
Serves appetizers for 4 people
- 1 Bundle of Cellophane Noodles
- 4 Rice Paper Wrappers
- 1/2 Cucumber, cut into thin sticks
- Mint Leaves (to taste)
- Basil Leaves (to taste)
- Soy Sauce (to taste)
- Rice Vinegar (to taste)
- Chili Paste (to taste)
- Soak Cellophane Noodles in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl of warm water, soak one wrapper until pliant (approximately 1 minute)
- Carefully lay wrapper on moist towel.
- Take 1/4 of the noodles and lay them on the wrapper close to the edge nearest you.
- Place 1/4 of the cucumbers on top of the noodles.
- Add whole basil and mint leaves on top of cucumbers to your taste.
- Fold the sides of the wrapper in. Starting from the edge nearest you, fold the wrapper over the filling and begin to roll.
- Place roll on a plate, seam side down, and cover with a damp towel.
- Repeat with remaining three wrappers.
- To serve, cut each roll diagonally in the middle. Place on a plate with a small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili paste, to taste, and dip spring roll into it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!