If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've had alot of good gazpacho's since I lived in Arizona for nearly 4 years. This summer favorite was found on nearly every menu when temperatures rose past 100 degrees. Watermelon just adds a different demention and if you have alot of guests coming over can really stretch out the soup! —thefitgourmet
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/4 melon
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small jalapeno seeded
- 1 shallot
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 small bunch basil
- 1 bunch cilantro- reserve some for garnish
- 1 splash RW vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup greek yogurt or sour cream seasoned with lime and salt
- remaining cilantro
- 1 plum or beefsteak tomato
- 1/4 onion (white or purple)
- Super easy!!!! Combine all ingredients in blender, pass thru sieve/chinois and let rest and season with salt and pepper. If more of a "pop" is needed squeeze more fresh lime juice. For a garnish and a topping take a ziplock bag and add greek yogurt/sour cream, salt, and lime juice and mix together. When ready to serve lady gazpacho in bowls and cut the tip of the zip-lock bag and make a spiral or decorative shape with the yogurt. For an additional and tasty garnish small dice the raw onion, and tomato, and rough chop the cilantro, season with salt and pepper, and a fresh squeeze of lime! Enjoy with some a cool crisp class of prosecco or even a nice rose would go well
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Things are feeling corny (and figgy and carroty and...)
This week's best #f52farmstands.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our recent favorite recipes.
Have a ball (jar).