If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a huge fan of bourbon and will add it to nearly everything. This is what happened when I added it to my "fancy" mac & cheese recipe: magic. It makes a great side dish to blackened catfish or BBQ chicken or ribs. The amount of cheese can be altered based on taste. - JulietteMiranda
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-1 1/2 cups room temperature heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (I use Jim Beam)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasonings
- 1 box of cavatappi pasta
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- butter to grease pan
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup gouda cheese, shredded. (Smoked gouda works well, too)
- 1/2 cup Jarlesberg cheese, shredded
- 5 slices of prociutto
- Cook pasta to al dente. Butter a large casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake prociutto slices until crisp.
- Make standard bechamel sauce: melt butter in heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Sift flour into butter and cook, stirring constantly until paste cooks. Whisk in 1 and 1/4 cup heavy cream and bring to a light boil. Simmer, stirring constantly.
- Stir in bourbon, then ground mustard and Cajun seasonings. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in cheeses in small batches, allowing each batch to melt before adding another. If needed, add more cream to achieve desired consistency.
- Drain pasta. Add a single layer of pasta to casserole dish and pour 1/2 of the cheese sauce over. Add another layer of pasta, pour remaining cheese sauce over. Mix well. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake uncovered for 8-10 minutes, just long enough to cook pasta through and mingle with sauce. Remove from over, and sprinkle with crushed prociutto. Serve immediately.
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!