If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an amazingly fresh and crisp salsa. When I serve it, the trick is to serve it really cold. To keep it cold, I fill a medium bowl with crushed ice, then nestle a smaller bowl filled with the salsa down into it. - CAROLYNB - CAROLYNB
Food52 Review: I served this with Grilled Swordfish and it was delicious. I found the textures and flavors to be quite balanced. The cucumber provided some cool relief from the jalapeno. The honey sweetened it up just right and the lime juice gave it some punch. I would most certainly make this again. - sticksnscones
- The Editors
Serves about 3 cups
- 2 cups seedless finely chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- a bag of baked tortilla chips for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, cucumber, onion, peppers and herbs.
- Drizzle with honey and lime juice and gently toss to evenly coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.