If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet, sour, salty, spicy, bitter and umami elements come together in this refreshing Asian-inspired salad that will please both your guests and your full sense of taste. You may also use cantaloupe or other fresh, sweet melon in place of or in addition to the mango. - eatenfresh
For the dressing
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola or other light-flavored oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 jalapeno or other hot red or green pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
For the salad
- 2 cucumbers, partially peeled and sliced into 1/4" rounds (peel the cucumbers lengthwise, skipping a finger's width section of green skin every other pass of the peeler as you move around the cucumber)
- 1 large, ripe mango, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 green onions, white and green parts sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers, mango, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Toss together and let stand in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and/or chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe