If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up, this was a staple summertime salad in my house. We would go out to the backyard garden, pick the cucumbers, and then within minutes, have a simple and refreshing side. —kechin
- 2 medium size cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Peel cucumbers, but leave alternating green stripes. Slice the cumbers in half lengthwise, spoon out the seeds, and then cut into very thin half moons.
- Mix rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add the cucumbers and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. I like to eat this immediately for the greatest crunch. However, my mom likes to refrigerate the salad for an hour so that the cucumbers become slightly pickled.
Wait, What's Sorghum?
The ancient grain that's poppin'
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.