Author Notes: Growing up, this was a staple summertime salad in my house. We would go out to the backyard garden, pick the cucumbers, and then within minutes, have a simple and refreshing side. - kechin
- 2 medium size cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Peel cucumbers, but leave alternating green stripes. Slice the cumbers in half lengthwise, spoon out the seeds, and then cut into very thin half moons.
- Mix rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add the cucumbers and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. I like to eat this immediately for the greatest crunch. However, my mom likes to refrigerate the salad for an hour so that the cucumbers become slightly pickled.