Author Notes: I just put together my favorite foods when I had tons of peppers and no tomatoes. Didn't want to make pizza, so decided to make a salad instead. - loubaby
- 8 Peppers, Red, Yellor or Orange
- 3/4 pounds Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, sliced
- 3/4 cups fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 vidalia onion, julienne
- 12 anchovy fillets, drained, cut thin strips
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh, crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place whole peppers on hot grill or under broiler and char until blackened all over completely. Remove to brown paper bag;close bag and let stand in sink about 20 minutes. Remove stem and seeds and most of black charred skin. Slice peppers and place in bowl.
- Add cheese, basil, onions, anchovy and capers to bowl with peppers and toss to mix lightly.
- Make dressing by whisking oil, vinegars, garlic, salt and pepper; taste and season as desired. Pour over vegetable cheese mixture and mix. Let stand at least 20 minutes to blend flavors at room temperature. Serve with bread.
- Salad can be refrigerated 24 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella