If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just put together my favorite foods when I had tons of peppers and no tomatoes. Didn't want to make pizza, so decided to make a salad instead. —loubaby
- 8 Peppers, Red, Yellor or Orange
- 3/4 pound Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 vidalia onion, julienne
- 12 anchovy fillets, drained, cut thin strips
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh, crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place whole peppers on hot grill or under broiler and char until blackened all over completely. Remove to brown paper bag;close bag and let stand in sink about 20 minutes. Remove stem and seeds and most of black charred skin. Slice peppers and place in bowl.
- Add cheese, basil, onions, anchovy and capers to bowl with peppers and toss to mix lightly.
- Make dressing by whisking oil, vinegars, garlic, salt and pepper; taste and season as desired. Pour over vegetable cheese mixture and mix. Let stand at least 20 minutes to blend flavors at room temperature. Serve with bread.
- Salad can be refrigerated 24 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Are Marinades Worth It?
We're getting down to the meat of the issue
Are marinades worth it?
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
This week's best #f52farmstands.
Have a ball (jar).