If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 courgettes
- 2 capsicums
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 4 asparagus
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 4 vine tomatoes
- handfuls coriander
- 6 slices bread
- 1 cup fresh grated mozzarella
- olive oil
- sea salt
- cumin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F
- Wash all of the vegetables listed above along with cherry tomatoes. Cut in half lengthways and scoop out half of the flesh of each vegetable. (Except the asparagus and cherry tomatoes). Keep the scooped out flesh in a separate bowl.
- Line a baking tray (Nb. I always use a non stick teflon sheet for all my baking/grilling-it’s washable and reusable :) ).
- Place vegetables on tray. Sprinkle some salt & drizzle olive oil over it. Bake for 10 minutes .
- In the meantime, prepare stuffing by grinding the bread in a processor to form the crumbs. Add the mozzarella to the crumbs & add 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix well.
- To make the vegetable bed we will be using the flesh of the vegetables we saved earlier. In a pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add 1tsp cumin seeds. Once they begin to sizzle, add the garlic &onions. Cook for 2 minutes & add all the scooped out vegetables. Add the vine tomatoes. Mix well & cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 1-2 tsp salt (according to taste), 1 tsp pepper, 2 tsp oregano & coriander. Let it cook for another 5 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven. Spoon the breadcrumb stuffing into the vegetables. Once all are stuffed, drizzle with olive oil.
- Put it back into the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spoon out the seasoned vegetable mixture from pan onto a plate, forming bed. Place the stuffed vegetables on top. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Balle Balle! That’s it, you’re done. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe of the Day
Caramelized Sauerkraut With Prunes, Herbs, and Honey