Author Notes: I love past & fresh ingredients - this is a light, delicious & figure friendly past dish! Great for Summer dining. - wnavery
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce (made with extra virgin olive oil), any brand
- 1/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese, softened (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved & seeded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1/4 cup basil, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- In a large salad bowl, add pesto, ricotta, rice wine vinegar & lemon juice; whisk until blended.
- Add penne, cherry tomatoes, red onion, zucchini, fresh mozzarella, basil & parsley. Lightly toss until salad is coated with dressing. Serve.
- Lightly toss until salad is coated with dressing. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella