If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes I need to be reminded of the simple not-quite-recipes that are just as pleasing as an elaborate feast.
Here I share this humble gem, along with another favorite, fresh radishes with butter and salt. Happy lunching. - Amanda Hesser
Tartine with Mustard Mayo and Mashed Avocado
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled
- A few drops lemon juice
- In a small bowl, blend the mustard and mayonnaise. Spread on the toasted bread. In another bowl mash the avocado with the lemon juice and salt to taste. Spoon the avocado over the mustard mayo and spread it to the edges.
Radishes with Butter and Salt
- Handful fresh radishes with their tops attached, scrubbed
- Fresh unsalted butter, just below room temperature (so it's soft but not oily)
- Flaky sea salt like Maldon
- Dip the radishes in butter and then salt. Crunch!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
Home & design links we love.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.