If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It took a few times to master the dough. I wanted a pizza dough that had lots of flavor and was made with beer. I have found the secret to my crust was to warm up the beer before adding it to the dry ingredients. I took my favorite pizza ingredients: assorted colorful bell peppers, fresh mozzarella, hot Italian sausage, garlic and fresh herbs and came up with a very delicious pizza! - gourmetpompey
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup warm beer
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yelllow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced orange bell pepper
- 2 cups Pizza sauce- I pick a good kind with maybe garlic or basil in it and low sodium.
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 1 pound Hot italian sausage cut up- cook sausage until slightly pink.
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped garlic
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella- nice thick slices for the top of the pizza
- In a large mixing bowl add the 1st 7 ingredients- mix well.
- Warm up the beer and water together in a glass purex measuring cup about 1 minute in the microwave.
- add the warm beer and water to the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and knead a few times just to shape into a nice round ball. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the bowl and coat the dough. Cover tight with plastic wrap and set in a warm place for 2 hours let rise until it fills the inside of the bowl.
- Roll the dough out onto a flour surface roll the dough big enough to fit on your pizza stone, or pizza pan. I use a stone makes it nice and crispy. Spread the pizza sauce and then top it with shredded mozzarella, then the bell peppers, garlic, and Hot Italian Sausage- cook the sausage until slightly pink in a saute pan then add it to the pizza. Then the fresh mozzarella slices.
- Place pizza in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. slice and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls