If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tasted something like this at a party about 15 years ago, loved its unusual flavor profiles, and tried to re-create it at home! It has become a family favorite! - Gillybunny - Gillybunny
Food52 Review: This recipe is full of surprises. I was surprised by the complex broth released when you steam greens (I used a mix of spinach and red kale as that is what showed up in the CSA box) with cream and continue to simmer them with lemon juice, herbs, mushrooms (I caramelized them first) and feta and fresh mozzarella cheeses. And I was surprised by what a half cup of wine (I cut back to 4 ounces because the steamed greens and cheese broth were on the tangy side) will do to help thicken a Béchamel sauce! The result is an elegant lasagna with a good mouth feel that lets you know you’ve had a decent amount of protein in this veggie dish. - cheese1227 - The Editors
Makes one, 13 1/2 x 8 1/2 3 2-inch glass baking pan
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 2 pkgs. crumbled feta cheese
- 3 balls fresh mozzarella, medium dice
- 1 pkg. fresh mushrooms
- Lemon Juice, garlic, fresh basil & parsley, salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup white cooking wine
- Nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
- Finely shredded Parmesean cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. For filling: steam spinach w/cream. Add feta, mozzarella, mushrooms and spices to spinach and simmer 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally. For sauce: heat butter in pot, add flour and stir until combined. Add milk and wine (up to 2 cups combined) and bring to a boil. Season mixture generously with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Layer 12 lasagna noodles, three layers of four noodles each, with two layers of filling, evenly spread. Top layer of noodles receives the sauce. Sprinkle extra nutmeg and toss a handful of Parmesean cheese on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until evenly browned. Great re-heated!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella