Author Notes: My Grandmother used to own a super club in WI and was famous for her potato pancackes. This is a recipe that is based on her recipe but uses Zucchini in place of the potatoes. - Kyra's Mom
Serves 4-6 depending on size
- 4 cups Coarsly grated zucchini, packed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, cut into small thin pieces (shred size)
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Parmasean cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh, minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (see below)
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Hand squeeze out as much of the moisture in the zucchini - it is very important to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except oil.
- Mix well to combine and add seasoning salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop the zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoons into hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown.
Seasoning Salt Mix
- 2 tablespoons Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry majoram
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Mix together all spices. (Extra seasoning salt can be stores in glass jar).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella