Author Notes: When tomatoes are fresh and the weather is hot, this slight twist on a old favorite hits the spot. You just can't beat the peach-balsamic, and the presentation is as impressive as it is simple. - belevy
- 1 red vine-ripe tomato
- 1 yellow vine-ripe tomato
- 1 orange vine-ripe tomato
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 12 splashes peach-balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash tomatoes and basil leaves, and pat dry.
- Cut each tomato into 4 equal slices.
- Cut the ball of mozzarella into 12 equal slices.
- Cut 12 medallion slices off the baguette so that each slice is about 1/2" thick and about 3 inches wide.
- Toast baguette slices in the hot oven for about 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Top each baguette slice with a slice of tomato, a basil leaf and a slice of mozzarella, in that order so that the mozzarella is on top.
- Arrange the adorned baguette slices into rows of each color, and drizzle peach-balsamic vinegar on top of each.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella