If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to make a savory summer soup that is also dark like beets, but with a twist. So I decided to try cherries. Since this is not a cooked soup, you will definitely want to use a sweet fresh cherry. —Sagegreen
- 1/2 pound dark red sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 tablespoons pinot noir, optional
- 1 teaspoon kirschwasser (optional)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black or pink pepper
- splash of fresh lemon juice
- garnish with a lemon verbena leaf
- dolup of thick Greek yogurt or cream fraiche, optional
- Blend the pitted cherries, onions, cucumbers, optional wine /kirsch, and vinegar in a blender or food processor.
- Season to taste. Squeeze in a bit of fresh lemon juice.
- Chill and then serve with an optional dolup of Greek yogurt or creme fraiche; garnish with lemon verbena (or other herb).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Alice Waters's Essentials
Her 15 must-have tools
Alice Waters's essential tools.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
A better basket.