If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used this recipe to win over my fiance. My mom always told me the way to a man's heart is through his stomach so I decided to make him a meal that would melt his heart! We are getting married in November. - sicotte
Cherry Reduction Sauce
- 2 cups Merlot
- 2 cups Pitted Cherries ( bing)
- 2 cakes cloves of garlic ( crushed)
- 4 cups organic chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Combine the wine, cherries, garlic in a saucepan over high heat and reduce until mixture is almost dry.
- Add the stock decrease the heat to medium and reduce until the sauce is thick this will take about 30 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Salt, pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 300 F
Merlot Reduction and Lamb
- 1 bottle of merlot
- 1.5 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 4 lamb racks fat trimmed and bones frenched
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Merlot Glaze: Add wine, vinegar, shallot and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat and reduce until about 1/2 cup of liquid remains 20 to 30 minutes.
- Lamb: Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over high heat until smoking hot. Add as many of the racks as will fit-don't overcrowd the pan-meat side down. Sear lamb well about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a baking pan. Baste racks with glaze. Set pan in the oven and roast- basting every 5 minutes until the meat has reached a temperature of 135 degrees F. About 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and rest lamb for 5 minutes. Drizzle Cherry Reduction Sauce over lamb and serve on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Your Recipe Diploma
A menu master class for the college grad.
A master class in recipes.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Wine tasting takeaways.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.