Author Notes: Now and then, I use a rice crust with quiche recipes. Assemble the ingredients and bake for 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven; at this point check the oven temperature needed for your quiche ingredients, you may need to turn the oven “up a notch”. Let the crust cool while preparing the filling and (if needed) pre-heating the oven to a higher temperature. This is a crust I have made for a few years now and is an adaptation of two (forgot where) found online...I change the type of cheese to compliment whatever quiche I am making. - lapadia
Makes 1 pie crust
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked rice (Lundberg’s short grain is my favorite to use)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice, grated on the large holes of a box grater.
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10 inch pie pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together, the rice, cheese and egg white
- Press mixture over the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Cool while preparing filling.