If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Now and then, I like a rice crust with quiche recipes. Assemble the ingredients and bake for 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven; at this point check the oven temperature needed for your quiche ingredients, you may need to turn the oven “up a notch”. Let the crust cool while preparing the filling and (if needed) pre-heating the oven to a higher temperature. This is a crust I have made for a few years, it is my adaptation of two ( ? ) found online. I change the type of cheese to compliment whatever quiche I am making. - lapadia
Makes 1 pie crust
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked rice (Lundberg’s short grain is my favorite to use)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice, grated on the large holes of a box grater.
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10 inch pie pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together, the rice, cheese and egg white
- Press mixture over the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Cool while preparing filling.