If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Depending on the occasion, I use a rice crust for my quiche recipes; this is a recipe I’ve made for a few years; an adaptation of two sources (?) found online. I like using a bit of cheese in the crust, changing the type used to compliment the quiche being made.
Assemble the ingredients and bake the crust for 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let cool while preparing the filling, if necessary turn up the oven temperature needed to bake the quiche.
Makes 1 pie crust
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked rice (Lundberg’s short grain is my favorite to use)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice, grated on the large holes of a box grater.
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10 inch pie pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together, the rice, cheese and egg white
- Press mixture over the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Cool while preparing filling.