Author Notes: I like this soup hot or cold, but prefer it cold. It was a recipe given to me by a nice lady I used to work for. She was making it one day while I was at her home and asked me to try it. I loved it! She was kind enough to share her recipe. Very simple, but a lot of taste. - Jacqueline Marie
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves sliced or crushed
- 6-9 Zucchini or Summer Squash or a mix of both. I prefer mixed.
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable broth salted or unsalted
- Sour Cream for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil until browned, do not burn.
- Add zucchini and summer squash, toss with the onions and add broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover, lower heat to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes, until zucchini are tender.
- Let cool to lukewarm and blend until smooth with a blender. Serve lukewarm or refrigerate and serve cold. Garnish with sour cream. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe