If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like this soup hot or cold, but prefer it cold. It was a recipe given to me by a nice lady I used to work for. She was making it one day while I was at her home and asked me to try it. I loved it! She was kind enough to share her recipe. Very simple, but a lot of taste. - Jacqueline Marie
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves sliced or crushed
- 6-9 Zucchini or Summer Squash or a mix of both. I prefer mixed.
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable broth salted or unsalted
- Sour Cream for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil until browned, do not burn.
- Add zucchini and summer squash, toss with the onions and add broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover, lower heat to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes, until zucchini are tender.
- Let cool to lukewarm and blend until smooth with a blender. Serve lukewarm or refrigerate and serve cold. Garnish with sour cream. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.