If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An old family recipe that transforms yellow summer squash into tender, creamy yet light goodness! - earthlyepicurean —earthlyepicurean
Food52 Review: This is the ultimate warm-weather comfort food: an uncomplicated dish one can imagine has been prepared for several generations, because everyone loves it and couldn’t imagine a summer family gathering without it. It's remarkably light and tasty. We topped it with fresh whole-grain bread crumbs, a nice touch which I recommend. All four taste testers enjoyed this, unanimously recommending it for EP honors - AntoniaJames —The Editors
- 4 yellow summer squash
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- pinches salt and pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash into 1-2" chunks. Cover halfway with water. Boil, drain, and mash squash.
- Add eggs, sugar, butter, and sour cream to mashed squash. Season well to taste.
- Pour into 6-8" baking dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
How to Eat Cookies for Breakfast
Well, cookie butter that is
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
The sauce savior.
Put cake on a pedestal.