If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom used to make this when I was little. Over the years I've added and taken away things I like. To make it Gluten Free all we have to do is not use a pie crust- which is REAL easy to do.It's just a delicious cold as it is hot - if it lasts for leftovers. - MFLStyle
- 1 9 inch partially baked pie shell
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- dash Wocestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375'. Saute vegetable (except tomato) in margarine(butter) just until soft. Add tomato and heat through. Beat eggs and add remaining ingredients, except Parmesan Cheese. Put vegetable in pie crust and cover with egg mixture. Bake until set and light brown at edges (about 25 to 35 minutes). Top with Parmesan cheese and let sit for a few minutes.
- Gluten Free version - for a gluten free version of this recipe, i simply make this in my cast iron skillet and after sauteing vegetable, I add egg mixture and place in the oven. No need for crust.
- For Lactose/Dairy Free - I use lactose free cottage cheese, omit Parmesan cheese and use soy milk.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe