If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a variation on my go-to "kitchen sink" recipe using italian sausage, parmesan and bread crumbs and can be baked in the oven or on the grill in the summer! This uses mexican chorizo for a smoky and spicy kick! —Sharon Neri
Makes 2 stuffed halves
- 1 7" or larger zucchini
- 1/4 pound crumbled, cooked mexican chorizo
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- olive oil
- Slice zucchini lengthwise in half. Scoop out seeds with spoon, leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch of flesh. Turn onto paper towels, cut side down while preparing filling.
- Mix remaining ingredients except oil in a medium size bowl.
- Stuff into zucchini firmly. Place on greased (or foil-lined) baking sheet. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes or until stuffing is golden and zucchini has softened slightly (use a toothpick to pierce squash-timing depends on size of squash). Or bake on closed grill over indirect heat for same amount of time.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Stress-Eat These Snacks
They're "True Detective" marathon approved
Stress-eat snacks for "True Detective."
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.